< Search more jobsPublished 1 week ago
Location: USA Only
👀 Views: 3 - 🚀 Applications: 0
Are you an expert at React, Redux, Webpack, browser APIs, ES8, and the rest of today’s modern frontend stack? Do you want to work on a web application used by hundreds of thousands of users?
If so, we’d like you to learn about Files.com!
Additionally, you will get the opportunity to work on mobile apps using React Native as well.
Our frontend developers are responsible for all client-side code that runs in browsers and mobile apps here at Files.com. We use state-of-the-art tooling, such as React 16, Redux, Redux-Saga, and React Native on the mobile side.
We obsess about testing, code reviews, and keeping production code size low.
Files.com currently has many features that are available in its API that are not available in its frontend UIs, so a considerable part of this job will be building out new features and releasing them to customers as soon as they’re ready.
Here are some example projects that our Frontend Developers have worked on recently or will work on soon:
- Rebuilding our internal CRM dashboard in React.
- Building a browser-based file uploader that works in all browsers, supports resume, and is able to automatically detect the closest server for uploading.
- Building notification panes that show “push notifications” to our users about updates to their files or workflows.
- Enhancing our security by adding several new Two-Factor Authentication methods, such as U2F, SMS, and Yubikey.
- 5+ years of applicable experience.
- Experience building and delivering React/Redux applications that have seen actual production usage.
- Understanding of the language features of ES6 and ES8.
- Understanding of common browser APIs and recent extensions to the HTTP protocol as they relate to frontend development.
- Understanding of how to write secure frontend code and an awareness of common web application security vulnerabilities.
- Experience with at least one major Redux side effect library such as Redux-Thunk, Redux-Saga, Redux-Loop (We use Redux-Saga).
- Contributions to major open source projects.