< Search more jobsPublished 2 weeks ago
Location: Work from: 🇺🇸 USA
👀 Views: 11 - 🚀 Applications: 0
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6)
Constructive is a leading social impact brand strategy and experience design firm that helps build a more fair, equitable, and sustainable world. We’re looking to add an experienced and extroverted Digital Marketer to our team who knows how to ideally position and project a brand’s value—and who will bring ideas, energy, and measurable results to our marketing work, both for our firm and for our clients.
We’re a close-knit, values-driven team with a culture built on a deep, shared commitment to our craft and to creating value for the visionary organizations that partner with us. If you’re a marketer with a passion for driving brand engagement that creates meaningful social impact, then please read on to learn more about the role and what working with Constructive will be like.
About the Role
Our Digital Marketer will be the point person of digital marketing efforts, primarily for us and also for our clients. The role requires a deep understanding of the nonprofit sector, the motivations of those who work in it, and how strategic, creative consultancies create value for them.
We’re looking for a person with great marketing instincts and a competitive spirit—someone who’s driven to drive engagement, who combines a strategic mindset and creative thinking; and who thrives on connecting marketing ideas and execution to measurement and optimization. And we need a talented writer who knows how to effectively project a brand personality to meet the needs of different moments and venues.
There are the two primary areas in which our Senior Digital Marketer will work:
Constructive Marketing: The primary focus (~75%) is to ensure that marketing for our firm is consistently executed at a high level. You’ll be responsible for turning our brand positioning and brand value into sustained, cross-channel marketing that increases visibility and engages our ideal audiences. You’ll work closely with our Founder and with people across our firm to remain deeply connected to who we are, what we do, and why it matters. You’ll ensure that our busy team is accountable to producing what we need to execute our marketing ideas, and you’ll ensure that it’s all on–brand.
Client Marketing: The secondary focus of the role is to help create marketing strategies and campaigns for our clients that build on the core work we do with them—developing their brand and designing the digital experiences that connect people to them. This is a growth area for Constructive’s services and you’ll work closely with our Director of Strategy and others to conceive of, recommend, and help execute marketing campaigns that increase the reach and impact of their brands.
Your Core Responsibilities
Marketing Strategy, Planning & Measurement
- Be fluent in speaking to Constructive’s “who we are, what we do, and why it matters” and shape all marketing efforts around these ideas.
- Co-create content/social marketing goals, themes, and strategies for Constructive that keep us focused and that drive audience engagement and growth.
- Create and own marketing plans and publishing calendar for Constructive’s newsletters, articles, social media posts, webinars, and more.
- Work with members of the strategy team to continuously track, measure, evaluate, and improve performance of all marketing efforts towards our stated goals.
- Track and evaluate the marketing work of our competitors and of relevant brands in the nonprofit space to sharpen our strategic positioning and marketing tactics.
- Contribute similar efforts for targeted client opportunities.
- Proactively help staff develop themes and thought leadership (articles, webinars, audiocasts, etc) that ideally position our firm and elevate their voice.
- Ensure all written and designed content is on-brand and appropriate for the target audiences, and the channels in which we communicate.
- Own our social media channels (LinkedIn and Instagram), from writing our posts to engaging externally with high-value accounts.
- Own all aspects of producing and publishing our newsletter, and posting articles, news items, and case studies on Constructive’s website.
- Work with our team to write project case studies that effectively position our firm by emphasizing value created for clients and ideally position our firm.
- Work with the Strategy Team to implement SEO best practices within content and meta content.
- Be an active presence and advocate for Constructive in online communities who engages members and delivers value to raise our profile.
- Work with the design team to produce all visual design assets needed across marketing efforts.
- Manage and maintain company profile on Clutch.co.
Skills & Experience You’ll Need
- 5+ years of relevant digital/content marketing experience, ideally with a communications/design firm
- A strong understanding of the nonprofit sector and those who work in it
- A strategic and creative mind for marketing campaigns combined with a deep understanding of digital marketing trends and techniques
- Exceptional writing skills (both longform and for social media)
- Demonstrated experience in creating marketing plans and editorial calendars
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills combined with the ability to think fast and pivot when things don’t go as planned
- Strong experience using Google Drive, Google Docs, & Google Sheets.
- Strong understanding of email marketing, with MailChimp a plus
- The ability to hold others accountable to delivering on our marketing needs—and a strong willingness to step in and help them when needed
- A passion for greatness in your work and pride in the work we collectively create.
- A serious attention to detail and an allergic reaction to typos
- You gotta be a solid human being that adds to our culture, who people really enjoy spending time with, and who ideally likes to have fun while doing very serious work
Nice-to-Haves That Will Make a Big Difference
- An understanding of foundations and nonprofits that focus on capacity–building and knowledge-mobilization in their sector.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience with Conversion Rate Optimization
- Experience working with Google Analytics and/or other digital analytics platforms
- Experience with digital marketing/martech platforms
- Basic knowledge of WordPress publishing
What We Offer:
We do our best to make sure everyone at Constructive is taken care of with a great mix of salary, benefits and perks, opportunities for professional growth, and a healthy amount of time off. We expect this position to have a base salary between $75,000-$85,000 based on experience and value-added skills. In addition, we offer the following robust benefits and perks.
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision
- Defined Annual Profit Sharing Plan
- 401K With Up to 4% Company Match
- Discretionary Performance-based Bonuses
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Paid Vacation From Christmas Eve through New Year's
- Paid 1/2-day Summer Fridays (Approx 16/year)
- Paid Unlimited Wellness Days
- Flexible Work Schedules
- $2K Annual Professional Development Stipend
- New Client Bonuses (3% of First 12 Months of New Work You Proactively Bring In)
- Monthly Virtual Happy Hours & Games
- A Super-Aligned Team That Loves Showing Up for Each Other
- Feeling Great About Your Work Making the World a Better Place
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
“Bring Your Full Self” is our first company value and we believe strongly that diversity is one of our greatest strengths. The more perspectives we bring to the mix, the better we are as people and the better partner we are for our clients. So, in considering if Constructive is a good fit for you, know that all we care about is that you’re qualified to do the job, share most or all of our values, and want to be here. These are the things we’ll be evaluating for every applicant—and if you meet those and add to our diversity, all the better.
Submit your application HERE! When you do, please send a marketing plan or related strategic marketing document you created that you feel represents your work best, along with your resume and cover letter. Submissions without a cover letter will be significantly discounted.
What happens next?
If we feel like there’s a good fit, we’ll reach out to start the interview process, which will look like this:
- Initial interview (30-45 minutes)
- Second interview and case study review (60-90 mins)
- Final conversation and questions (30-45 minutes)